WEEK 5: COLLABORATION MAKES US BETTER
Fri 18th Nov 2016
A summary of the fifth week of the programme.
This week was all about bringing together the stakeholders involved in creating the final product. The designers had sessions with Vienle photography, Wilkings Fadhili of Fashion Torch Africa and British Council.
Together with Vienle, they brainstormed on how best designers can work with photographers to come up with creative visual concepts that appeal to the eye. During the speaker session with Wilkings Fadhili, the designers discussed what the future of Kenya’s Fashion Industry would be and what role each of them would play. They also discussed whether it was necessary to have a central Kenyan Fashion Council and what the primary functions of this body would be.
The last session of the week was at the British Council offices where they received training on content marketing and how to use social sites like Youtube to market their products. This insightful session was followed by a networking event and lunch.
It was a relaxing week of sharing ideas with other creatives.
Back to posts
- WEEK 6: THE INS AND OUTS OF PRODUCTION
- WEEK 5: COLLABORATION MAKES US BETTER
- WEEK 4: UNDERSTANDING MY AUDIENCE
- The Evie Maina Challenge: Cohort Gets Pieces Adorned At Africa Fashion Week LA
- WEEK 3: THE PRACTICALITIES OF BUSINESS
- WEEK 2: FINDING MYSELF
- WEEK 1: GETTING STARTED
- How To Make It: 10 Fashion Designers Give Their Rules For Success
- 15 Things Successful Fashion Designers Don’t Do
- Nine Things A Vogue Editor Looks For In A Fashion Designer